Hello! Hello! Janelle speaking! Just a little update on my life as of late...
So, the beginning of January i decided to fly the coop and move on out of my fabulous, wonderful home! I brought home empty paper/newly discovered packing boxes from work, packed the things up in my room, got rid of A LOT of stuff, gave A LOT MORE stuff to my sisters and little brother, packed my car up, Hugged and hugged and HUGGED and kissed my family goodbye for a really long time, tried to hold back all the tears, but ended up crying anyways, and drove up to BYU to start school the following Monday! This was a pretty major thing for me! You have to understand, i really don't like moving. AT ALL. I've lived in the same house since i was three. When i was in Junior High our house became a little too small for our family so they decided it was time to start looking for other houses! This must have been torture for my parents because once they found a house they liked that seemed like it might work they'd bring all of us kids to come and check it out. We never cooperated. We'd sabotage. We'd kick and scream the whole way and really none of the other houses were ever as good as ours! Ours was just the best! Even if we were crammed in there! FINALLY Mom and Dad got on the ball and started to think that way too so we ended up adding on to our house instead! Now, our house really truly was awesome! let me just say though that had we ended up moving I'm sure I would have survived and it probably would have been just as fun! I know it's not the physical house that makes our house the best but the people in it! My family isn't perfect nor are they "the best" or better than anyone else's family but they are absolutely perfect and "the best" for me! I love them so much and it's been quite the change to not be around them or see them every day. In my house my room is (was) at the end of the hall and pretty much anything and everything that is (was) said would go right down the hall into my room. It's pretty irritating on a Saturday morning when you're trying to sleep in but i miss it. Sometimes i feel a bit selfish when i talk about my family and how good they are to me because i know that i am graciously blessed to have the family that i do. Not everyone has it so good. What i want to know is why are we all of the sudden so grateful for our families, or good friends, or just our blessings in general once we are departed from them for a time? I know it's cliche but I really do need to just count my many blessings one by one. Starting today (or tonight rather) I am going to have a better attitude of gratitude and look for the positive in all i do!
No comments:
Post a Comment