Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"Good luck"

So today I added another item to my already long list of embarrassing moments. I really had to laugh at myself for this one. I'll be doing my student teaching next semester and before they give us our assignment of where we'll be teaching we have to fill out a Student Teaching Application pkt. It's full of tons of random things and strict specifications. Of course I started filling it out yesterday, the day before it was due. Yes, I tend to procrastinate. Don't we all? So today was just a big rush of trying to put it all together. I was in the Tech lab working away when this random girl sits next to me and starts talking to me saying she put her packet off to the very last minute too and was glad to know there was someone else out there who did too...la la la. So, we're both working away and after a while I picked up my papers from the printer and packed up my things. In my head I'm thinking, "well I don't really know this girl but I'm glad she talked to me for a bit so I'll be friendly back and wish her good luck and say bye." So I pack up, scoot in my chair, lean over in her direction so she can hear my friendly whisper and said, "Good luck!" As I'm walking away she looks up and says slightly awkwardly, ".....thanks?" Ya, then it hit me. I'd been at the printer for a while...It definitely wasn't the same girl I'd talked to and I had just wished some random person good luck! I'm sure she was very confused. Who knows, maybe she needed the luck? Anyhow, I felt very awkward so I hurried up and left. Then I just had to laugh out loud at the whole thing and realized there was another girl right behind probably wondering what the heck i was laughing about. Ha!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Janelle! I love you so much! I bet she did need the luck and you were just in the perfect place to give it to her! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete