Monday, August 23, 2010

I'd like to post some things (big and small) that have been happening with us lately. I feel like sometimes when big things or big changes happen (like...getting married!) I get too consumed in everything and I forget to really let people in or let people know what's going on in my life. When people ask "So what's new in your life?" I always seem to search my mind for some big new thing that's happened when really new things are happening all the time but they're just mostly little things. Sometimes I feel that others may think my life is boring because I never really have much of that "big news" to share but it really isn't. My life is awesome!! I'm having so much fun and learning so much. I guess I just need to share those small, fun moments that make up life more often. Cuz that's really what makes life worth while, those fun little moments we too often glance over or forget to share with someone else. So, I decided to share some things that make me smile, laugh, etc.

So, here it goes...


We had absolutely no furniture when we got married and thus our first few nights were spent sleeping on this. Yes, that would be a pile of every piece of clothing we own...plus some bath towels we had. Let me tell you....not very comfortable. at all. But it's way funny to look back at. We still don't have a very comfortable bed but anything is better than that. Here's what it looked like when I tried to make it pretty by putting a bedspread on it.

One of my most favorite candies are Andes mints. They are the perfect combination of chocolate and mint. They're delish! I got a whole bunch of them for my bridal shower and one day we decided to experiment and put them on top of chocolate chip cookies. We figured the cookies are awesome...mints are awesome...what could be better?! They were pretty good, I must say. I was happy. :)

We like to play racquetball. Sometimes a little too much. haha. Jason has a racquetball sweatband and we like to pretend we're hard core. He would probably die if he knew I put these up. Haha

















One night I picked up my phone and had like 4 missed calls. When I called back my mom was with my brother in the hospital. He'd been working on his tree house and decided he need to use a saw. He's allowed to use a few of the tools but knows an electric saw is definitely off limits. None the less, he snuck into the garage and got it. It was a little more powerful than he was expecting. It jolted and cut his thigh. He didn't even know it until he saw his pants were cut and he was bleeding PRETTY good. He ran inside and they called the paramedics and they came and got him. I'm so glad I wasn't there. I don't think I could have handled all that. He lost a lot of blood, most of it being on the kitchen floor. Gross. He was pretty darn lucky. He had 18 stitches and will have a pretty awesome scar. I think (i hope) he knows better than to use the tools again.

My sister Connie got married a few weeks ago and sadly I don't have any pictures of that but it was gorgeous. When we were down in AZ my family all went down to St. David (were my Dad is from) for a couple days. I was hoping it would be really fun because I felt kind of bad taking a day away from seeing Jasons family. It was definitely a crazy trip. Dale decided he wanted to drive with us, but of course, who wouldn't want to drive with us?! We were totally the "cool" car. haha! At least Dale thinks so so we have fun humoring him. We were about 10 miles away from St. David when we get stuck in a huge monsoon storm and we couldn't see anything out of our windows so we had to pull over and wait it out. Dale got really scare and told us he'd say a pray. haha! So cute. Once we got there we went inside and I was showing Jason around the house when all of the sudden there was a huge...and i mean HUGE clap of thunder. Like the loudest by far I've heard in my life. I seriously jumped like 3 feet in the air. With it came a huge lightning which took out the power for the rest of the night. Fun, huh? haha! It was though. We played Madgab with flashlights. Apparently the lighting hit the transformer right outside our house so only OUR house was out of power the whole time. haha! The next day we went down to the river for a bit. It's basically a river of mud. We got a little dirty.

Last Saturday was our 3 month anniversary! Haha! Big steps. So Jason planned this trip to go kayaking down Provo River. It was way fun. I love water!.

6 comments:

  1. Cute!! You guys are such an awesome newlywed couple :) Keep up the postings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oh, and the bed of clothes is HILARIOUS. Way to be resourceful, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, we're pretty much awesome...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Glad to find your blog!! Hope you are having a good semester, we miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Audrey! We're having a good semester so far but it's catching up and getting pretty busy already. How is law school going? I don't know about you but I'm already looking forward to Thanksgiving so we can see you guys again! I'm glad we have things like blogs that let us keep in touch a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this post! Little happy moments in life just make the journey so much better. (like Mt. Hood!) I am so glad you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete