Tonight we sold Raul. Raul was my very first car. He was truly a Raul through and through. It was sad to see him go. I bought him when I was a junior in High School for $300.00 from my cousin who thought he was junk. Thanks to my dad's handyman skills it's lasted me eight more years. There have been so many fun memories in that car.
-There was the time in the high school parking lot when he was officially dubbed a Rual. And for some reason when I think of him I think of green chilis.
- There were also the times in high school we "smuggled" people out to lunch in the trunk so they wouldn't get caught by the lunch aides.
-The many times screaming and giggling while we were driving away from boys' houses after asking and answering them to the dances.
-Trying to be "cool" around Jason and locking my keys in the car 40 minutes away from home. Embarrassing.
-The time I almost got squashed by a huge painting van and got away with only a thin graze of rubber from his bumper. Every time I replay that scene in my mind I get chills. I don't know how we got out of that one.
-The times I bragged, "Oh Raul, he's such a trusty car! He's never failed me." Only to have him break down the next week! Thanks a lot Raul.
-All the club CAMEY's!
![]() |
| There he is in the background, behind the lovely pot of daisies. Well hello Mr. mailman! |
![]() |
| Again, just lookin good in the background during a club CAMEY being his trusty little self. |
-The many hours talking with "the girls."
-The other time a crazy girl didn't see me stop and rear ended me and the only thing that got bent was my license plate.
-Filling him up with everything I owned and driving him 13 hours to Utah with my friend Tiffany. We acted like crazies the whole way there! My parents praying the whole time that he'd make it. And seeing my first icicle on the way!
-My first "real" snow and having to dig him out with my spatula cuz I had nothing else. "What's an ice scrapper?! Do they sell them here?"
![]() |
| Seriously, that was so much snow! |
-Plus, all the dates Jason and I went on while we were dating and engaged.
It's silly that you can get so attached to a car. I didn't expect this list to be so long. We sold him to a really good guy who just got off his mission. I hope he enjoys the little guy!
Adios Raul, mi amigo!



Aw! Adios, Raul! It's true our cars kind of become friends... they hold lots of memories. I still miss my old truck sometimes.... remember when we spilled "O's" in him? Good times. :)
ReplyDeleteBye Raul! What a trusty little guy... I remember the Oh's!!! Wasn't that on the cabin trip?? That should be repeated. Aw.. I miss the old days.
ReplyDelete