Saturday, April 14, 2012

FHE & our OCD


Hello, my name is Janelle and I over analyze everything. Ev.ry.thing. Jason and I had FHE a few weeks ago and it was my turn to do the lesson. In my head, and possibly out loud, in front of Jason, I complained like a little girl saying, “Ugh. I’m no good at doing FHE lessons. I never know what to do.” Blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine.  It was pathetic. I realized how ridiculous I was being as I was saying it so I decided I needed to get over it and do something simple and fun. I think that’s a lesson I’ve been needing to learn: simplify and have fun with it! Wow. What a hard lesson to HAVE to learn. Haha! Anyways, I have this wonderful little church pamphlet entitled, Family Guidebook. If only every parent of all faiths could have one of these babies! I don’t see why they don’t, they’re FREE at the Distribution Center!
Note to self: Best wedding present idea ever! Cha-ching!
Anyways, I’ve been studying it here and there and it is an amazing resource! If you don't have one, GO GET ONE! 
So I decided to do something fun with one of the sections. The first section talks about a parents responsibilities. It was perfect. There are 7 lessons which parents are responsible to teach their children. We listed those 7 and wrote 2 specific ways we could teach each lesson. It was so simple and really fun! I was really happy with how it turned about. 

Here’s what we came up with:
It's hard to see the words...but Jason sure looks cute! :)


Note: there are 7 bullets and also 7 colors of the rainbow, with which our list coordinates. OCD? Definitely. Has our recent obsession with Monk increased our OCD-ness…? I’d say that’s a definite possibility as well. We’re doomed. 
You’ve gotta admit though, it does look pretty…and perfectly spaced! haha!
The fuel behind our OCD. This man right here! Gotta say I like the idea of the square tomato!


3 comments:

  1. "You can taste the symmetry!" Haha! Love it! And I love you! What a cute idea. The poster looks great. You guys are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You're doing the Lord's work."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! There are so many awesome one-liners in this show! I love it!

    Jeff Wade! How are you?!

    ReplyDelete