The opening ceremonies are always amazing to watch! Yesterday though, I couldn't help feeling a little like I was watching a real-life version of the The Hunger Games.
As they went through the different eras of European history, it felt like a display of the Panem districts. The agriculture of Rue's district; the factories of district 8 and the final "next generation" portion totally reminded me of the party at the Capitol in Mockingjay.
Then, I thought it was hilarious that they chose to play Chariots of Fire as a precursor to the Parade of Nations. Which, on a side-note, was one of my favorite parts of the whole thing. Rowan Atkinson. Hilarious.
Love Mr. Bean!
Once the Parade started all the countries had a person carrying out a little cornucopia thing. I could never figure out what the point of it was. I knew it was a tribute to each country somehow but it was such a strange shape. A cornucopia?
But then it made total sense once all the mini cornucopias ended up in the middle of the arena! Cornucopia. Middle of the arena.
Giant flame. Ha!
When the Britain team came out at the end of the parade and they were all in gold....haha! Of course. Britain: the country on fire.
Let's just hope the U.S. comes out victor in the end!!!
Happy watching







Haha!!! Love this very true!
ReplyDelete