Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Arizona Trip May 2013

Every Summer we spend a week or so in Arizona. Being about 6 months pregnant we decided to go earlier in the Summer rather than later in hopes to beat the Arizona heat (somewhat) and have a smoother drive. We picked the perfect week to be there! The heat hadn't quite settled in yet, we were able to go to my sisters High School graduation and my moms peach tree was perfectly ripe and ready for picking. As for a smoother drive? We still had to stop about every two hours but I don't think there's much we could do about that one. 

On the drive down we made our usual stop in Kanab for the Lotza Motza Pizza Buffet. This place has really grown on me. It's such a small town joint but they have pretty good pizza and salad that fills you up for the rest of the trip. If you're ever in Kanab...and hungry, check it out. The end. 

In Arizona my wonderful sister Connie helped me shop for some cute maternity clothes. I love my new dress! Thanks Con Bon! 

My family also threw me a baby shower and it was perfect! So cute and I got to see so many family and friends! I wish I would have taken more pictures. 


We made a stop at Capriotti's while we were there as well. I think this should become a new tradition! That huge sub you see is pretty much a Thanksgiving dinner put into a sandwich and is one of the most delectable things I've ever eaten! 


We were even able to squeeze in a mini trip to St. David to visit my grandparents old house. St. David holds so many good memories for me. Days spent with my awesome cousins! Walks down the lane and down to the river. Cookouts, late night family chats around the porch swing and so many night games! Its changed since I was a kid but it will always be a special place to me. 
Piccacho Peak. When I was little I used to call it the yawning mountain....Ya, I don't get it either. 
It marks the halfway point though and I still get excited to see it. 

Checking out the cool stuff in grandpa's shed.

The porch swing. SO many memories on that thing. 
It's dirty and old but I love it. 

Swingin on the rope swing. 

Cooking hot dogs. 

4 comments:

  1. How fun! So glad you got to visit the fam in az. You look great btw! Such a cute pregnant lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad that I missed your baby shower! It would been so fun to see you (and your adorable little baby bump)! Maybe I'll see you next year and you'll be holding your cute little boy then :)
    (And I totally get "yawning mountain!" If you look at I sideways the first little peak looks like a nose and the other ones look like a wide yawn!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah AZ in the summer. I went for a few weeks in May to help my sister with her baby and it made me miss the people but remember how unpleasant the weather it. I hope everything continues to go well with your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was SOOO depressed that I missed your shower :( Silly babies. It looks like it was fun!!

    ReplyDelete