For our Anniversary this year we decided to head on up to Logan, UT and stay at the Anniversary Inn. It's a hotel where they do theme rooms and they really do an amazing job. We stayed in the Swiss Family Robinson room. I've loved the movie since I was little and it was just like staying in their tree house!
When we got there they tell us there's complimentary cheese cake and sparkling cider waiting for us in our room...and I'm already in love with this place! You walk in and there's a fish tank and a "cave," which is really a huge jacuzzi tub. Again, I'm in love! Then there's a huge tree in the middle of the room with a tree house/loft where you sleep. They have these awesome little twinkle lights built in to the ceiling above the loft that really make it feel like you're sleeping under the stars. The pictures really don't do it justice and you can't see all of the little details they put into this room.
The Inn is right down the street from the Logan Temple. It is such a cool temple. I liked how different it was.
We found an Indian food place to eat for dinner that night and it was delicious as usual!
Then the next morning the hotel brought breakfast to our room. It wasn't your typical hotel breakfast, this was actually really tasty and impressive.
That day we went to the Mummies of the World Exhibit in Salt Lake and loved it! I don't think I had ever seen an actual mummy before this and this exhibit had some pretty impressive ones. It took me a moment at first to know how to react to it. They are very direct in the presentation that you respect that these were actual people who lived and had families and friends just like you. But then one of the very first mummies you see is just a mans head and it kind of freaked me out for a little bit. I got over it though and it was really interesting. The religious aspect of the mummification process is so curious to me. They went to such great lengths to make someone's after life enjoyable and rich and yet they could never even comprehend how glorious it could be and how perfect the resurrection will be!
It was such a fun get away. Our actual anniversary was on a Monday and when we were planning what to do we considered just going the weekend before but then decided it would be more fun to just get away on a Monday and Tuesday and I'm so glad we did. There were no crowds, no hustle and bustle, just us. And that's the best!

Happy Anniversary! Your room looks amazing! I went to Logan every summer growing up and I'd never heard of that place! Now I know what I want to look into for future anniversaries :)
ReplyDelete