Sunday, October 23, 2011

So THIS is what Fall looks like!

Jason took me on a picnic yesterday because he is sweet like that. I could just end this post right there and be completely satisfied with it. However, I have some awesome pictures to show off so I will continue. :)
We started off by getting some Jimmy John's subs, the best, and heading up to Bridal Veil Falls/Vivian Park. The weather was perfect...when we left. When we got to Bridal veil, which happens to be in a canyon, it was way windy and cold. So, sadly our picnic ended up being in the car watching the wind. When we were done we decided to head up the road a little bit further just to see what was up there. We thought it was just going to be cabins and stuff but it ended up being such a beautiful drive! The Fall leaves are amazing! AMAZING, I tell you! I've never seen a Fall season like this due to Mesa's not really having any other season but hot and less hot so I was really excited to see a real Fall. As Jason can attest, I can get just a little too excited about Fall or ANY kind of seasonal changes for that matter. We found a park, parked (haha, funny words to put together) and ended up going on a totally unplanned, yet beautiful hike. I love how there are things in life that are totally unplanned or unexpected and they turn out to be some of the best things. Yesterday was one of those times. The plans we had made didn't turn out but turned into something so much better than we could have planned.

*WARNING: picture overload ahead.

I'm completely in love with these yellows.



We got to walk along this beautiful stream through most of the hike.

Again with the yellow! Ugh. Can't get enough. Especially against a bright blue sky like that.

This log was at just the right angle in the water that it looks like i took the picture just as it was falling in the stream.

Puffs!




Orange, black and blue. Coolest Halloween picture.

Look at the background in this picture. Are you not in love? 



This one was for my sister Rachel: Safari grass!!!! 


Bliss

Scandalous.



The fire leaf. Totally looks like a flame. 

This was the only one I edited. I thought the little white chairs were so cute. 


The end


1 comment: