Monday, November 12, 2012

A Conference Talk a Day till Christmas

It's pretty cold outside and snow is piled high on the ground. I realized it had been a while since I decided to venture out into the snow to pick up the mail so this morning I decided to make the trek out there. Inside was my General Conference ensign. Have you gotten yours yet?! I was so excited to get mine! There are always talks I reread right away and then there are always some I probably didn't listen to very well and never go back and read. This time I wanted a way to make sure I had read them all. I looked at my calendar and realized that from today, November 12th, there are only 50 days till Christmas!!! 50 Days! What a perfect time to start. There are 39 talks in the ensign and 6 weeks to read them. So, I figured if I read a conference talk 6 days of the week, with a few extra left over, i'd get it read by Christmas! I got really excited when I realized this and I wanted to extend the challenge to YOU! A conference talk a day till Christmas! 

So today I started with President Monson's welcome address. The one where he announces the Tuscon temple and the lowered missionary age. Every time I read this I get goose-bumps! It's so cool. At the end of his talk he asks us to go through conference "listen[ing] attentively to the messages which will be presented...that we may feel the spirit of the Lord and gain the knowledge He would desire for us." I decided to make that my focus with every talk: Did I feel the spirit as I read? What thoughts came into my mind and what does the Lord want me to learn from this message? Above each talks title I'm going to write down my answers to those questions. 

You don't have to do it the same way I plan to but I'd love to hear how you decide to do it and how it goes for you!! 

For a link to all the talks from Conference go here. For more information about General Conference go here.



4 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful idea!! Can't wait till we get ours in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im totally going to do it with you! Thanks for inspiring me. 50 days!! Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete