Yep! As of November 27th, I've been alive for a quarter of a century.
That is crazy to me. I still feel like i'm only 16.
How can I already be this old?
I had a wonderful birthday though! I took the day off of work and pretty much did my own thing for the day.
I got to have lunch with Jason at his work at their BlendTec Bistro, which was quite delicious.
After Jason got home from work, we opened presents.
He spoiled me pretty darn good.
I got the new Spidey movie! I am not huge into superhero movies but i LOVED this one.
This one cracked me up. I have major issues with idioms. I can never say them right or I'll combine two or three...or four to make up my own and end up sounding like a crazy. So Jason got me my own dictionary of idioms to help me out.
Do you know where the phrase 'to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear' comes from? I do.
I think we about doubled our DVD collection in one night. It was awesome!
And I ordered this guy from Deseret Book for Christmas and he came on my birthday so he's included too. I think he is so cool. He is Father Frost or дедушка мароз. Haha. I've been trying to practice Russian and I'm pretty sure it's not spelled like that but phonetically it's probably...closer.
Check out his Santa's Around the World Collection! Jim Shore also has an amazing Disney collection. I just think his style is so unique and fun.
After being spoiled with presents Jason took me to my favorite place to eat: India Palace!
Oh man, it's SO yummy! Do you see that little bowl of orange colored goodness, right there in the middle of the table? Well inside that bowl is probably the most delicious food I've ever partaken of.
....and I may or may not have just spent about a minute just staring at it, wishing it was in my mouth...
It was a great day.
I'm so grateful for wonderful family and friends that I got to hear from and talk to throughout the week. You truly made my birthday such a great day.
So many things... first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN! I'm glad you had a good day!:)Second, that book is awesome and I love that Jason got it for you! Ha! Third, um, can you hook me up with one of those Santas?? I think Tyler would like it?! Fourth, why have you never taken me in India Palace?? ;) I must go to there, it looks amazing. That's all.
ReplyDeleteOh Sarah, how I love you! The Santa's are at Deseret Book but they're all out of the Russian ones because, let's face it, they're awesome! But you can order one from there and I think it's a little cheaper than buying it from Jim Shore's website. And dude, India Palace is THE place for our next dinner date! For sure!
DeleteI used blog2print for my blog but another option is blurb. I am sad I missed you while you were in Arizona!
ReplyDelete