Friday night at work I happened to pick up a children's picture book entitled, "Seven Miracles that Saved America."I got the chapter book for Christmas a few years ago so i was curious to how it was as a picture book. There are SO so many little miracles that took place in order to bring about religious freedoms and the climate necessary to restore the Gospel of Jesus Christ to this Earth. Two days later, in Sunday school, we brainstormed a list of all the events throughout history that made the Restoration of the Gospel possible. In High School, I remember reading about those events and having a strong impression that all of those events took place miraculously for the purpose of preparing our nation to receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I feel so strongly about this point: It was not a coincidence. This land was discovered and founded for the sole purpose of creating a place that would have religious freedom; as well as many other freedoms, but the pilgrims came first purely to have a place to practice their religion freely.
I'm not saying these things in response to any political things going on. I just felt I needed to write down the feelings I've had. I know this nation, it's constitution, and government are not just a coincidence or man-made but founded and created by God and it continues to be so and will continue to be so as long as we uphold what is right and good.
I know the things that take place in our lives everyday aren't just coincidences either but that our lives have meaning and purpose and our Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us, if we choose to look for it.
P.s. Kudos to you if you can guess the movie this blog title comes from!
I am thinking its Dash's teacher in the Incredibles!! ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd it's really amazing all the miracles that happened. :) thank you for sharing!!
Thanks Janelle!! This is so true!!
ReplyDelete