In March we found out we are having a boy! It really wasn't a huge surprise to me that it was a boy. From the very beginning I could just tell that it was. We were both so excited though to see the little guy on the ultra sound and know that everything was ok. While the ultra sound tech was getting things ready and everything, the first thing she starts talking about is how she had done an ultra sound the day before and the baby had no arms or legs and it was really sad. Both Jason and I look at each other like, Um...is this a common thing?! Should we be worried? We're pretty new to all of this. She assured us that she'd never seen anything like that before. But really? What an excellent conversation starter for first time parents. So we were especially grateful to see that he was ok and that everything was looking normal. I can't imagine how those parents felt though. That would be so hard.
Calling our parents with the news was so fun! When I told my dad it was a boy he didn't believe us. "Really?? A boy? On your first try?" He had five girls before a boy ever came around.
First family photo
So so so so excited for you two! We love our little man, they are the funnest! As far as i can tell, i don't exactly have a little girl to compare him with lol)
ReplyDelete